FAKE VS REAL DYSON AIR WRAP IN-DEPTH REVIEW

 FAKE VS REAL DYSON IN-DEPTH REVIEW


After searching for a decent hair dryer to cope doing my own hair during COVID. I’ve finally decided on DYSON AIRWRAP. So I went online and finally decide to purchase on Shopee Thailand all because of good price point. Since I thought I was the expert on Shopee I looked for good review and found 1 shop that looked quite believable. The price was more than half of what’s in the department store (8900 baht) . 

I exchanged a few words on Shopee chat with the seller (QUDYSON) asking if the product is authentic. Obviously she said yes (she told me the product will be European standard not Thai) . Initailly I was a little skeptical since she seemed to be using google translate to talk to me in Thai. But decided to go ahead with the purchase. 

After about 5 days the box arrive. I was unsure of the authenticity of the product in the first place so I started to search online about how to spot a fake air wrap. I found only a few YouTube review , only 1 in English. 1 in chinese and 1 in Russian. That’s why I decided to write this post to help Dyson fan not to make the same mistake. 

I started to compare notes from fellow YouTuber and my own product. So it seemed that what I got from Shoppee was either a very good counterfeit or a real one. I couldn’t decide. As there was only a few points mentioned about fake product like non magnetic filter (which mine has magnetic filter) , uneven logo print (mine was perfect) , white printed on the electrical wire (mine was black like the real deal) etc. 

I was still not sure , after a close inspection of the product I found some bad quality plastic injection parts on mine. And the air leak at the bottom of one of the barrel. But that was all about I could find. I even tried to register my dyson on USA website and managed to register my air wrap online but the warranty has expired.  

I decided to go to dyson store at central chitlom in the morning to check on the authentic dyson airwrap. After testing the actual thing , I was convinced I got a fake product. So I decided to buy the real dyson from chitlom so that I could take photos to claim QUDYSON on shoppee. After writing to her she keeps claiming that her product is from Europe and they are not the same as Thai Production. So I started to send her below photos. She finally accepted online for me to return the product. But I’m still waiting for her confirmation to refund the amount. 

So I hope you guys will find my notes below helpful in case you bought your dyson airwrap from unofficial rep like me. 





































Comments